General İnformation on the Law
The Law regarding the Personal Protection Data Number 6698 was passed on March 24, 2016 and was published in the Official Newspaper Number 29677 on April 7, 2016.
According to Article 32 titled “Enforcement” of the Personal Data Protection Law No; 6698; articles 8. – 9. – 11. – 13. – 14. – 15. – 16. – 17. ve 18. entered into effect on October 7, 2016, six months after the publication date of April 7, 2016.
Law No. 6698 on Protection of Personal Data has been adopted to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals, especially regarding the privacy of their personal life, processing of personal data, and to regulate the obligations of real and legal persons who process personal data and the procedures and principles to be followed regarding all of the above.
For clarification purposes of this text;
Personal Data: All types of information regarding an identified or identifiable person,
Law No. 6698 (known as KVKK in Turkish): Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data, which was published in the Official Newspaper on April 7, 2016,
Ankara University Technopolis: Ankara University Technopolis, operating in Ankara University Technology Development Zone Gölbaşı /Ankara,
Data Processor: The real or legal person who processes personal Data on his behalf based on the authority given by the data controller,
Data Supervisor: This refers to the real or legal person who determines the purposes and means of processing Personal Data and is responsible for the establishment and management of the data recording system.
Ankara University Technopolis; The University takes the highest possible security measures to ensure that your personal data is collected, stored and shared in accordance with the law and to protect your privacy.
In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law No.6698, (Law No.6698), your personal data; will be collected and processed by Ankara University Technopolis (“Technopolis”) as the data controller within the scope described below.
How and for Which purpose Personal Data will be Processed
In accordance with the Law on the Protection of Personal data No.6698, as Ankara University Technopolis, acting in the Data Supervisor capacity, obtaining, recording, storing, reserving, changing your personal data that you share with our company completely or partially automatically or by non-automatic means provided that it is a part of the data recording system. All types of operations are on the data such as, rearranging, disclosing, transferring, taking over, making it available, classifying or preventing its use can be done by us.
Your personal and commercial data that is collected, in accordance with the law and integrity rules, accurate and up-to-date when necessary, for specific, clear and legitimate purposes, in connection with the purpose for which they are processed, limited, and measured, in accordance with the rules of retention for the period stipulated in the relevant legislation or required for the purpose for which they are processed;
- In order to benefit from the services of our Technopolis, our introduction and our activities, the benefit of our products and services we offer , the fulfillment of required processes,
- Within the scope of Law No. 4691 all types of information that can be requested by the Industry and Technology Ministry documents, reports and information notes on the development of the R&D ecosystem in Turkey and to ensure its coordination,
- Listing, reporting, verifying and evaluating, producing statistical information, analyzing your use of the website and other communication channels and making customizations for you,
- Determining the contributions of Ankara University, as the managing partner of the company, to the entrepreneurship ecosystem and researching their progress in this context, will be processed within the scope of their purposes.
Inclusive of protection of life and safety of property Technopolis staff and visitors or compliance with the rules stated in this article, your data may be used in order to fulfill the requirements or demands of legal obligations, judicial bodies or authorized institutions. Data; can be transferred to computing infrastructures, cloud computing systems in order to realize the purposes of this text by taking the necessary security and legal measures, and archived in electronic or physical environments in order to fulfil legal obligations.
Your personal data can be shared with organizations which organize the event related to the events you participate in and are event stakeholders, and can be transferred or archived to achieve the purposes mentioned here by taking the necessary security and legal measures.
Your personal data that is stored, processed or archived may be shared with legally authorized public institutions if deemed necessary and if requested by other relevant public enterprises.
Your personal data that is collected for purposes of; to research and develop our services and your personal choices regarding them, to contact you directly through the communication channels you have shared with us for market research, to fulfill Technopolis’ obligations, to carry out and develop Technopolis’ business and process improvements and to benefit from these services within the scope of training and event planning activities mainly;
- In line with the purpose of executing Technopolis Human Resources policies; in accordance with Technopolis’ Human Resources policies; to carry out operations, to provide suitable staff for vacant positions, to fulfill the obligations within the framework of occupational health and safety and to take the necessary measures with the Labor Law, Social Security Law and other legislation regulating work life,
- In order to improve business capacity and R&D ecosystem, establishing cooperation between legal and real persons residing in,
- Within the framework of contracts made or activities carried out with third party real or legal persons who have a business relationship with Technopolis; in order to fulfill legal and commercial obligations, Technopolis’ execution of obligations arising from contracts with business partners/customers/suppliers (authorized or employees), establishment of rights, protection of rights, commercial and legal assessment processes, legal and commercial risk analysis, legal compliance process and financial execution of works,
- in line with the purpose of determining and implementing the commercial and business strategies of Technopolis, Financial operations, communication, market research and social responsibility activities carried out by Technopolis, purchasing operations (request, offer, evaluation, order, budgeting, contract), determination and implementation of Technopolis’ commercial and business strategies,
will be processed within the scope of the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in Articles 4, 5 and 6 of the Law No.6698.
To Whom and For What Purpose the Processed Personal Data Can Be Transferred
Your personal data collected; carrying out R&D activities at Technopolis, ensuring the legal and commercial security of Technopolis and the people who have a business relationship with Technopolis, ensuring the physical security and supervision of the Technopolis facilities and buildings in the internal and external locations, Carrying out legal compliance processes, Fulfilling financial and financial affairs for the purposes of determining and fulfilling commercial and business strategies, researching and examining the R&D ecosystem in our country and Technopolis, Ministry of Education and Technology, Ankara University, Business Partners in Turkey and abroad, companies providing solutions for information systems, Ministry of Finance, Higher Education, Institution, Public Institutions and organizations authorized by legislation such as SSI, TURKSTAT, or authorities such as State Economic Enterprises, legally authorized public institutions such as ministries, judicial authorities, consultants, organizations, payment systems organizations, and GSM operators, where the legislation permits, to the relevant stakeholders as specified in Article 8 and of the Law No. 6698 can be transferred within the framework of data processing terms and purposes.
Method and Legal Reason for Collecting Personal Data
Your personal data, written/digital applications made through Technopolis Information Management System and ancillary applications, website, social media, call center, e-mail, digital or printed questionnaire, printed form, forensic records scanning, SGK records, Technopolis’ communication with you that is collected verbally, in writing or electronically through systems such as channels, campus entrance-exit vehicle identification systems installed in order to ensure the exemptions provided in the Law No. 4691 and 5746 and closed circuit camera monitoring system inside and outside the Technopolis is stored throughout.
Your personal data collected with these methods can be processed and transferred for the purposes specified in the relevant articles of the Information within the scope of the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in Articles 5 and 6 of the Law No. 6698.
Rights of Personal Data Owner
As personal data owners, if you submit your requests regarding your rights to Technopolis with the methods set out below, it will be concluded free of charge by Technopolis as soon as possible and within thirty days the latest, depending on the nature of the request. However, if the transaction requires additional cost, Technopolis will charge the fee in the tariff determined by the Personal Data Protection Board.
In this context, personal data owners, in accordance with Article 11 of Law No. 6698;
- Finding out whether your personal data is processed,
- If personal data has been processed and to request information regarding this,
- Finding out the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used in accordance with their purpose,
- To find out the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing and to request notification of the transaction made within this scope to third parties to whom personal data are transferred,
- Even if the processing has been done in accordance with the provisions of Law No.6698 and other relevant laws, to request the deletion or destruction of personal data in the event that the purposes for its processing no longer exist, and to request notification of the transaction made within this scope to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Object to a negative result against the person himself by analyzing the p[rocessed data exclusively through automated systems,
- Have the rights to demand compensation for the damage in case the damage is caused due to illegal processing of data.
Pursuant to paragraph 1 of Article 13 of the Law No. 6698, you can send your request to Technopolis in writing or by other methods determined by the Personal Data Protection Board. Ankara University Technopolis will conclude the request as soon as possible, free of charge, depending on the nature of the request, and if the translation incurs a cost, the fee specified in the tariff will be charged.